HVAC – Boilers & Chillers
HVAC boilers and chillers are important components for building maintenance and construction. The chillers are responsible to provide air conditioning in buildings and boilers are imperative to keep buildings warm. Fuji Electric’s AC Drives are utilized in the commercial HVAC market to work with individual fans and fan arrays along with our HPAQ drives are used for individual fans. In conjunction to the AC Drives running the HVAC system, Fuji Electric’s instrumentation products are used to measure the steam and pressure generated by the boiler or chiller. Scroll down to view which AC Drives and Instrumentation & Control products are right for you.
Click to view Chiller application infographic
Click to view Boiler application infographic
Fuji Electric’s AC Drives are utilized in the commercial HVAC market to work with individual fans and fan arrays. Our Mini and AC drives are highly used for fan arrays, along with our HPAQ drives are used for individual fans. Applications within HVAC require a very reliable product that can be networked or follow an analog signal from the building automation system. This network reduces any additional wiring to be able to transfer information back to the building. Fuji Electric is one of the few major manufacturers utilizing our own power components internally, providing consistency and compatibility for future upgrades and reliability, with an industry leading 3-year warranty.
Low, Medium and High HP for Boilers, Chillers & Commercial HVAC
Instrumentation & Control
In conjunction to the AC Drives running the HVAC system, Fuji Electric’s instrumentation products are used to measure the steam and pressure generated by the boiler or chiller. Ultrasonic flow meters can also measure the energy efficiency by calculating K-factor. Gas analyzers are utilized to monitor the combustion of natural gas to create the steam in a boiler. Once the steam has been made the differential pressure transmitter can measure the steam that is generated by the boiler along with measuring the flow of the water. In addition, Fuji Electric’s ultrasonic or differential pressure transmitters are used to measure the flow of water from cold water into the boiler.
- Applications: Saturated steam, Overheated steam, Steam condensate, Natural Gas, Domestic fuel oil, Heavy fuel oil
- Savings: Reduction of leaks, Improved purging, Isolation of out of service networks, Maintenance of purge system, Combustion optimization
- Types of Measurements: Mass Flow Rate, Volumetric Flow Rate, Pressure, Temperature, Gas Analysis, Fuel oil and hydrocarbon, Gas flow rate, Combustion control
Chiller: Air & Refrigeration
- Applications: Measuring of the volume and mass flow of air flows, Refrigerants, Heat transfer fluids
- Savings: Monitoring of leaks, Maintenance of the lowest possible pressure level, Monitoring of thermal exchanges, Monitoring of clogging
- Types of Measurements: Flow rate, Pressure, Temperature, Electrical power, Electrical metering