Tokyo, June 03, 2013 – Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (TSE:6504) announced that it is establishing new Asian business offices in Vietnam and Cambodia and will strengthen the Company's sales and marketing activities in Asia by stepping up the functions of its sales companies.
Future market growth is anticipated in Asia through infrastructure investment and development, and as foreign companies continue to expand their operations in the region, Fuji Electric has positioned it as a focus market.
The Company will target corporate capital expenditure and demand for the upgrading of existing facilities and equipment as it aims to expand sales, primarily in the business areas of industrial infrastructure and power electronics.
2. Establishment of New Business Offices
Fuji Electric has already established sales companies in Singapore, Thailand, India, and Indonesia, and, with the aim of strengthening sales and marketing activities in Asia, the Company is now setting up a new sales subsidiary in Vietnam, where further expansion by foreign companies, including Japanese enterprises, is expected. Fuji Electric will also establish a representative office in Cambodia, where future growth is anticipated.
In addition, the Company plans to establish a representative office in Myanmar this fiscal year.
(1) Fuji Electric Vietnam Co., Ltd.
(Main business activities）
– Sales and engineering of power distribution equipment, measuring instruments, UPS, inverters, servos, etc.
– Sales of inverters for commercial and office building elevators as well as factory air-conditioning systems
– Sales support for a range of plant systems in the power generation and social infrastructure sectors
|Name:||Fuji Electric Vietnam Co., Ltd.|
|Address:||Room 401, 4th floor, Corner Stone Building,
16 Phan Chu Trinh, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi, Vietnam
|Ownership:||Wholly owned by Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.|
|Date of establishment:||March 27, 2013 (date of registration completed)|
|Commencement of operation:||May 1, 2013|
(2) Cambodia Representative Office
(Main business activities)
– Collection and distribution of information on market trends, investment plans, status of competitors, etc.
– Building relationships with Japanese trading companies, subcontractors, construction companies, Japanese companies expanding into Cambodia, and local customers
– Local support of projects for Cambodian customers handled by Fuji Electric and its local subsidiaries in Asia
|Name:||Representative office of Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.|
|Address:||6F, Phnom Penh Tower, #445 Monivong Blvd.(St.93/232)
Sangkat Boeung Pralit, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
|Date of establishment:||March 29, 2013 (date of registration completed)|
|Commencement of operation:||June 1, 2013|
3. Strengthening the Functions of Asian Sales Companies
Fuji Electric will strengthen sales, marketing, and services in a close relationship with customers.
– Develop into comprehensive sales and marketing companies by expanding the range of products to better serve the needs of customers
– Promote sales of components (including invertors, motors, and servos) by expanding sales distributor network.
– Strengthen engineering services for factories and buildings (power receiving and distribution equipment, medium-voltage inverters, and medium- and large-capacity UPS).
– Strengthen after-sales service for electric power plants (thermal power and geothermal power, and others)
Fuji Electric will seek to promote the development and launch of products that meet market needs, strengthen its capacity to improve the lead-time of products meeting customers\' requirements, and enhance its service and repair business structure, along with establishing a new factory in Thailand, scheduled to commence operation in October 2013.
Sales Companies in Asia and China
Fuji Electric Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), Fuji Electric (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Fuji Electric India Pvt. Ltd., PT Fuji Electric Indonesia, Fuji Electric Vietnam Co., Ltd., Fuji Electric Taiwan Co., Ltd., Fuji Electric Korea Co., Ltd. Fuji Electric (China) Co., Ltd, Fuji Electric (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.
Sales and Engineering Network in Asia, China and the Middle East
(37 offices planned in fiscal 2013)