Created: October 8, 2010
Revised: April 1, 2011
The business activities of Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "FE") involve the provision of products and services relating to the establishment of social and industrial infrastructure. In order to ensure that the conduct of its employees and the way in which it carries out these activities comply strictly with the Personal Information Protection Act, and in an effort to strengthen the relationship of trust between it and society as it seeks to fulfill its social responsibility, FE handles personal information in accordance with the following basic policy.
- FE complies strictly with the Personal Information Protection Act and related ordinances, guidelines set out by the government and other relevant rules and regulations when handling, as part of its business activities, personal information and the personal information of its employees.
- FE undertakes to establish management systems for the protection of personal information and to ensure that these systems function properly while continuously improving them
- FE will clearly specify the intended use (the purpose) and obtain your permission before collecting your personal information, and will use the information only to the extent necessary for achieving the stated purpose. FE also undertakes to ensure that measures are in place to prevent personal information from being used beyond the extent necessary for achieving the stated purpose. FE will not disclose personal information to third parties except in cases where you have granted your permission for it to do so or in cases where a legally justifiable reason exists.
- FE undertakes to establish management systems for the protection of personal information and to ensure that reasonable safety measures and remedial measures are in place to prevent or respond to the leakage of, loss of, or damage to personal information.
- FE undertakes to maintain an Inquires office for the purpose of responding promptly and in good faith to inquires and grievances relating to personal information, as well as to requests for the disclosure, correction, deletion, cessation of use, or other processing of personal information.
Chief Executive Officer and Representative Director
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Use of Personal Information When collecting personal information, FE clearly specifies the intended use of the information (the purpose), and uses the information only to the extent necessary for achieving this purpose. If the need arises to use your personal information beyond the extent necessary for achieving the initially stated purpose, FE will notify you and obtain your permission before proceeding. For details of how FE uses personal information, please see the section entitled Regarding the Use of Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information FE will not disclose personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- When you have granted permission for FES to do so;
- When disclosure of such information is necessary to protect human lives, to prevent injury or suffering, or to protect property, even when permission for such use is not readily forthcoming from you;
- When legally required to do so;
- When entrusting the use of personal information to a third party to the extent that this is necessary to achieve the stated purpose;
- In such circumstances, FE takes responsibility for appropriately monitoring the use of such personal information by the third party.
- If all or part of FE' business activities are transferred to another party due to corporate mergers, corporate separations, the sale or transfer of operations, or other reasons.
- Requests relating to Personal Information FE will respond promptly to requests relating to personal information from you personally or from your representative. Such requests include those for the 1) notification of the intended use of personal information, 2) disclosure of personal information, 3) correction, addition, or deletion of personal information, and 4) cessation of use, purge, or cessation of disclosure to third parties of personal information. For details of the procedure for making such requests, please see the section entitled Procedure for Requests relating to Personal Information.
- Inquires or Grievances relating to Personal Information FE maintains an Inquiries Office to handle matters relating to personal information. Please contact this office if you have any inquires or grievances regarding the collection and use of personal information by FE.
- Other Matters
- Collection of Personal Information When, in conjunction with the use of this website, FE requires users to provide personal information, FE will provide, on each of the individual sites that make up this website, notifications to users that specify the reason the information is required, the intended use of the information requested and any other relevant matters. If you do not agree with the specified reason, the intended use of the information or other matters described, please refrain from providing FE with your personal information. However, please be aware that this may exclude you from using certain services available on this website.
- Use of Personal Information by Third Party Sites This website provides some links that lead to various websites related to but not operated by FE (hereinafter referred to as "related sites"). Such sites include those provided by service providers, vendors and other parties with which FE maintains business relationships. However, FE accepts no responsibility or liability in relation to the handling of personal information by websites operated by third parties, including related sites.
- Notice to Users Aged 15 Years or Younger Users aged 15 years old or younger must first obtain consent from a parent or guardian before providing personal information.