Solar Pumping AC Drives
Fuji Electric also provides Solar drives that allow autonomous systems without human supervision – specific functions to ensure a continuous operation. Our VFDs start the pump when the conditions (irradiation) are suitable and always obtain the maximum power from the solar panels, thanks to the function of Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT). The system stops the pump if its rotation speed is low, or if there is insufficient power available from the PV panel, or according to the water level detection or in case of operation in dry well condition, etc. The system can also be supplied simultaneously by Photovoltaic panels (DC), and by a Generator / Grid connection (AC) in case of insufficient solar energy. Easy commissioning and much more!
Solar pumping solutions for agriculture provide numerous benefits. With the ability to pump water for irrigation during dry and sunny weather in regions that need it most, panels like these can be easily installed and enable the pumps to work in wells of very low yields, offering a longer lifespan and plenty of energy in the long run. Fuji Electric has all the solar pump drive solutions for different applications for solar in the irrigation market.
The Solar pump inverter, also called solar variable frequency drive, converts the direct current of solar panel into alternating current. The input can be the solar DC power supply (DC 200V-350V, DC 350V-750V), and can also be single phase or three phase AC power supply (AC 220V, 380V, 400V, 460V, 480V), or the power supply can be from a built-in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) control system to maximize the output power of the PV array which is very suitable for use in remote and dry areas.Fuji Electric is one of the few major manufacturers utilizing our own power components internally, providing consistency and compatibility for future upgrades and reliability, with an industry-leading 3-year warranty.
Solar Pumping VFD Features & Benefits:
- True and outstanding MPPT function (Maximum Power Point Tracking)
- Start criteria by system conditions and time, Stop criteria selectable by frequency or power
- Dry pump detection function & Low power function
- It allows to control asynchronous motors and permanent magnets synchronous motors
- Detection of sudden changes of conditions (especially irradiance)
- Two sets of PID gains for a fast and smooth operation & Water tank level control
- Grid connection selectable for maintenance and backup system
- Solar Pumping with “off grid”, selectable power and assisted power applications