Subsurface Irrigation AC Drives, Instrumentation & Control
Subsurface Irrigation is suitable for dry and windy areas as it limits the loss of water through evaporation. Subsurface irrigation can be set up to water any crop on any farmable slope. They are used mostly on high value crops, especially vegetables and strawberries. Fuji Electric VFDs and Instrumentation & Control products are suitable for this application as they save water and minimize water loss through evaporation and allow crops to grow uniformly and improves yield. Scroll down to view which AC Drives and Instrumentation & Control products are right for you.
Fuji Electric subsurface irrigation drives can operate from single phase to 3 phase up to 460VAC and can operate at an optimal speed throughout the application. This in turn can reduce overall power and energy consumption in order to minimize operating costs. Fuji Electric is one of the few major manufacturers utilizing our own power components internally, providing consistency and compatibility for future upgrades and reliability, with an industry-leading 3-year warranty.
Subsurface VFD Features & Benefits:
- Fuji Electric Subsurface VFDs vary the pump speed to provide constant discharge pressure to ensure all crops are equally and consistently watered throughout operation times.
- Our Subsurface Variable Frequency Drives also cut operating costs by consuming less energy and offering precise pressure control for all crops.
- Eliminates water hammer in the mainline and less wear and tear on the motor and pump bearings; also comes with the remote start so subsurface pumps can be started or stopped anywhere.
- Valves can be turned on or off in the field and the VFD-controlled pump will respond automatically, saving trips to the pump
AC Drives for Subsurface Irrigation
Instrumentation & Control
Fuji Electric’s instrumentation products provide a variety of solutions for the Irrigation segment. Our Differential Pressure Transmitter offers customers an ideal solution for high pressure applications, utilizing a unique micromachined capacitive silicon sensor with state of the art microprocessor technology. The range of the Fuji Electric flow meters offer high accuracy. Battery powered units available for remote monitoring of instantaneous flow and totalization. Web connectivity for remote control and data collection.
Benefits of Fuji Electric Instrumentation Products:
- Flow Meters for Fluid – Made use for energy conservation and leak detection; ideal for flow surveys, verifications, and energy/BTU measurements
- Electromagnetic Flowmeters – Results measurements are independent of density, temperature and pressure
- Differential Pressure Transmitters – For flow of liquids/gases and multi-phase flow measurement; provides exceptional performance in critical flow measurement situations
Instrumentation & Control for Subsurface Irrigation