Flow Meters for Fluid
Fuji Electric delivers high performance ultrasonic Flow Meters to optimized for 0.5-inch to 234-inch pipe diameters. The portable ultrasonic flow meter is ideal for flow surveys, verifications, and energy/BTU measurements. The fixed unit offers high performance measurement in a versatile and easy to setup package. The Duosonics model is a hybrid pulse doppler-transit time unit for irregular profiles, non-Newtonian flows, and applications lacking sufficient upstream/downstream straight run mounting requirements.
Measurement principle – Transit time difference method
pair of sensors are installed on the outside wall of the pipe, facing each other slantingly. Ultrasonic waves are propagated diagonally between the upstream and downstream sensors.
In one case, the wave is “carried” by the fluid, in the other it is “braked”. It therefore takes a different time to switch from one sensor to another. This difference is proportional to the measurement principle of ultrasonic flowmeters for liquid speed and therefore to the flow rate of the fluid.
Anti-bubble measurement (ABM) system
The 32 bits microprocessor based electronics allows a high accuracy (±1%), a response time of 1 second or less, a very good immunity to air bubbles (ABM system) and to change of fluid pressure and temperature (continuous calculation of sonic speed).
Flange mounted FST flowmeter – High accurate measurement
Three pairs of sensors offer an accuracy of ± 0.2%. . The FST model is suitable for all energy-saving applications where its high precision and the absence of pressure loss help to reduce consumption and costs.
The FST measurement principle is the transit time difference method with parallel three measuring paths.
- Water supply and sewage systems : leakage investigation of water pipe and investigation of the flow direction in the water distribution pipe
- Thermal or electric power plants : flow rate measurement of the boiler water supply, condenser circulating pump and turbine oil
- Heating/cooling systems : flow rate measurement of hot water and chilled water in heating and cooling
- Stations thermales : water extracted quantity measurement
- Food manufacturing plant : flow rate measurement of raw material and washing water
- Other industries : flow measurement of all homogeneous liquids capable of ultrasonic wave propagation (service water, sewage, industrial water, seawater, pure water, water for irrigation, oil etc.)
TIME DELTA-C ETENDU
|Mounting method||Flanges||Clamp-on outside the pipe|
|Clean liquid with no air bubbles||++||++||++||++||++|
|Protection||IP66||IP65||IP66 (IP67 option)||IP67||IP64|
|Flange mounted||DN50, DN80, DN100 mm||na||na||na||na|
|Clamp-on detectors||na|| FSSA detector
25 to 225 mm (outside diameter) / -40 to +100°c
50 to 1200 mm (outside diameter) / -20 to +120°c
13 to 300 mm (outside diameter) / -40 to +100°c
200 to 6000 mm (outside diameter) / -40 to +80°c
50 to 400 mm (outside diameter) / -40 to +200°c
|Pressure max||PN40||No limit|
|Fluid temperature||-40°C to +150°C||Depending on the detector used|
|Flow velocity||0 to ±0.3…10 m/s||0 to ±0.3…10 m/s||0 to ±0.3…32 m/s|
|Accuracy||±0.2 %||±1.5 %||±1.0%
Depending on diameter and velocity
|Power supply voltage||100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz||100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz ou 20-30 Vcc||100-240 V Ac 50/60 Hz||12 hours battery
12 V Ac ou 100-240 V AC
na : Not applicable
(1) : Suitable under conditions
+ : Suitable
++ : Best suitable