The workplace of the semiconductor industry is the cleanroom. There are various restrictions on items that can be taken into cleanrooms.
- Only cleanroom paper can be taken into the cleanroom.
- Cleanroom suit must be worn when entering the cleanroom. An air shower must be taken before entering. After leaving the cleanroom, clothes must be changed and an air shower taken again before reentry.
- Some cleanrooms also prohibit PCs inside.
- Manufacturer’s manuals are normal paper so they are not allowed inside the cleanroom.
- Printing manuals on cleanroom paper is too expensive.
- Returning to the office to fetch documentation is a nuisance because you have to get changed every time.
- Paperless reduces paper costs.
- Improves work efficiency since going back and forth between the cleanroom and office is not required.